Maya Bay....lost paradise?

"Roll me up and smoke me when I die
And if anyone don't like it, just look 'em in the eye
I didn't come here, and I ain't leaving
So don't sit around and cry
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Now, you won't see no sad and teary eyes
When I get my wings and it's my time to fly
Call my friends and tell 'em
There's a party, come on by
Now just roll me up and smoke me when I dieRoll me up and smoke me when I die....."
Willie Neelsen

Standing in front of Maya Bay ,and humming the tune ,i was thinking maybe this is the place to party,and the place to die( incidentally Thailand had legalised use of Marijuana that year)!The white sand beach, the blue cloudy sky with the sun playing a peek a boo with our patience, the lofty mountains and the calm greenish blue sea kissing the white beach with gentle loving waves, Maya Bay , a paradise on earth.The bay had just been opened to the tourists that year, and the pandemic had given enough time for mother nature to heal herself.Human words or pictures are a folly to describe the beauty of the bay, surrounded by lofty green mountains, with the  the azure green water of the bay opening into the deep calm blue of the ocean. A lone yatch was rocking gently at the mouth of the bay,like a navel ring in the waist of a petite young girl. Small dark pirate caves dotted the bay, with a white sparkling sand beach scattered here and there, contrasted against the canvas of small round blackish mountains and lush green trees.
        The only annoying part is the crowd, people have come in hoardes(it was just October,the lean shoulder season), and you will hardly get a place to click a solo picture of the bay.The bay is now approached only from the other side of the island,by walking through the dense tropical forest along a paved path, with bathrooms and other amnesties in place. I would have called it a tourist trap(like so many other places in Thailand), but the view of the bay from the viewing platform really caught my breath off.
Do visit it if you are in Phi Phi Island,before it is spoilt again by overtourism and human greed.
 
                         My little angels
Family time
                The secluded virgin beach

              Maya - lost in translation 
The selfie with the virgin beach far away
The lonely yatch against the pirate caves

The snack bar....to lighten ur pocket and refresh you up
And the crowd
Lastly a few pics from the wonderful Thailand trip( thought about writing a separate bit on it, but didn't get enough time)
A view from the breakfast table of Phi Phi Island 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The misadventures of Tawang

Bai tu long bay.....the land of the dragons

Sri Lanka - the land of experiences!